Sunday 5 October 2008

Winter is on the way

If you are into winter climbing, the sight of the first autumn snows on the mountains has strange effect on you. Partners, rock climbers, and other groups of sane people find it quite unfathomable why the sight of a few bits of white gets us so excited, but it just does.

Fresh snow in five finger gully, Ben Nevis

It’s a feeling that reminds you of when you first started climbing – everything is a possibility, who knows what the coming season will bring. But either way you know you are going to enjoy it. It was bitter in the glen right through the day and frosty again tonight.

Bring it on.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, snow already! I was in Spain last week and it was 30 degrees. Too hot to climb - even for me!! ;-)

    I'm quite excited to do my second ever winter route this season, since I spent last winter cruising in the sunshine. Any recommendations for a beginner route??

    See you at the weekend
    Emma

    ReplyDelete