Wednesday 11 February 2009

Jerry's Revelations

One of the nice things about running my webshop is that I can choose exactly what I think are really cool films or books that are worth reading or seeing for climbers. Something I got pretty excited about was Jerry Moffatt’s biography which is just out. Of course I read everything Jerry wrote in the climbing magazines and watched all his films when I started climbing. It was pretty obvious to me then, even as a youngster that Jerry was who he was because he had something a bit different, a bit more. It was the single minded determination that helped him overtake everybody else, and then stay at such a high level through the injuries and upsets that would knock most other athletes down a few pegs. 

Reading stories like Jerry’s are always inspiring because it reaffirms what can be done with the right attitude, and just how critical attitude is. I just got my stock through yesterday, so I haven’t read it yet. When I do I’ll get a review up. In the meantime, if you are as keen to read this as I am, you can get it in the shop here.

1 comment:

  1. I´m reading it at the moment. I take it easy because I wish this book never end. Amazing, inspiring, true.

    ReplyDelete